Become a Mentor, Make a Difference!
Being a Mentor in our organization means making an impact on our Future Lady Leader Participants, but also making an impact on the community.
What does it mean to be a Mentor in FLL?
It means that you are committed to attending the monthly workshops and working side by side with our participants. You will be a resource for them inside and outside of the workshops as they navigate their way through adolescence and find ways to lead by example in their every day life, building their confidence along the way. It means that you will exemplify the 3 C's that are our philosophy: Confidence, Creativity and Compassion. It means that you will be willing to lend your time to this organization and the community to empower our participants to be the Future Lady Leaders they are destined to be.
Our Mentors will be assigned 1 - 3 Future Lady Leaders to be their "Mentees" throughout the year to build a foundation of trust as they assist in developing them in our workshops and assisting them prepare their capstone projects to be presented in May.
What do you get out of being a Mentor in FLL?
- Developing your own Leadership skills
- Making an impact on your community
- Making an difference in your Mentee's development
- Educational opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Knowing that you personally assisted in closing the confidence gap between young girls and boys in your community and the lasting impact that will have!
Questions about becoming a Mentor?